The beauty of this recipe is in it's simplicity. Even if you are a beginnger cook, you will be able to pull off this impressive yet simple dish using AEG SensePro technology.
Where possible, source top quality meat from your local butcher and remove it from the fridge 1 hour before cooking to allow for an even cook.
When cooking the mushrooms, use fresh thyme to transform this meal from being home-cooked to a restaurant quality dish.
1. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Add a little oil to the pan.
3. Heat the pan using the AEG SenseFry assisted cooking functions. Select '"Meat", "Steak" and your doneness preference of "Rare", "Medium" or "Well done".
4. Add a little oil to the pan.
5. Insert the AEG SensePro food sensor into the centre of the steak.
6. Once the steak is cooked to your liking, place into a low oven 50 degrees to rest and stay warm while you prepare the accompaniments.
1. Cut the mushrooms into large even sized pieces.
2. Heat the pan using the AEG SenseFry assisted cooking functions. Select "Pan fry" and "Vegetables".
3. Add the remaining oil and butter.
4. Add the mushrooms.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the sprig of thyme.
7. Saute until golden.
8. Add the spinach and fry until it just wilts.
1. Place the steak on four warmed plates.
2. Spoon over the mushrooms and any pan juices.