1 brown onion, fInely diced
3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 fennel bulb, cut into 1 inch wedges
3 medium-sized Dutch carrots, peeled and cut on a slight angle
1 kg of fresh mussels, beards removed
¼ cup sherry
50g of plain ﬂour
25g of butter, diced fInely and chilled
1 clove of garlic, fInely sliced
4 sprigs of parsley, fInely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 165°C on the Quarter Steam + Heat function.
- In an oven-proof pan, soften the onion and garlic in the olive oil, on a cooktop, over a medium heat.
- Add the fennel and carrots, cover with a lid and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Add the mussels and sherry to the pan and bake for a further 12 minutes.
- For the buttery crumbs, rub the ﬂour into the butter with your fingertips. Mix through the garlic and parsley.
- Remove the mussels from the oven and sprinkle over the buttery crumb mixture.
- Set the oven to 210°C on the Turbo Grilling function and grill the mussels on the 4th shelf for 2-3 minutes or until the crumbs are golden brown.
- Serve with some crusty bread.
crusty bread, sliced