1 whole, size 15 chicken, butterflied
1 red, 1 yellow and 1 green capsicum, halved, cored and cut into 1 inch strips
1 red onion, cut into wedges
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, picked and chopped
1 kg chat potatoes, sliced to 2cm thickness
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of dried oregano leaves salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on the Quarter Steam + Heat function.
- Mix together the ingredients for the marinade, cover the chicken and marinate for 5 minutes before cooking.
- Alternatively this could be done the night before for a more fiery, flavoursome result.
- Mix the capsicum, onions and fresh rosemary together on an oven tray and place the chicken, breast side down in the middle.
- On a separate tray, toss the potatoes through the olive oil and dried oregano leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- At the 25 minute mark turn the chicken over so it is skin side up and sitting on top of the onion and capsicum. Bake for the remaining 25 minutes.
- Rest the chicken for 10 minutes before serving. Separate the legs from the breasts and cut each one in half.
- Divide the vegetables between six plates and top with the chicken pieces.
*Roasted pepper relish can be purchased from many
supermarkets or specialty stores