500g bread ﬂour
250g plain ﬂour
7g dried yeast
7g Murray river salt
- Preheat the AEG ProCombiPlus™ Steam Oven using the Bread Proving function.
- Pour the buttermilk into the bowl of an electric mixer ftted with a dough hook.
- Combine the ﬂours and gently sift over the top of the buttermilk.
- Add the yeast and mix on a low speed until a rough dough is formed.
- Add the salt and mix on medium for a further 15 minutes.
- Shape into a large ball and turn out into a stainless steel bowl.
- Place in the oven on the Bread Proving function for 30 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and place into baking tins lined with parchment paper.
- Prove again for 25 minutes until the dough reaches the top of the tins.
- Remove the dough from the oven and set to 180°C on the Bread Baking function.
- Once the desired temperature has been reached, return the tins to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
...this is perfect for breakfast, served warm with fresh butter...