2 skin on chicken breast fillets, cut in half
2 chicken thigh fillets
2 chicken drumsticks
3 cloves of garlic, peeled but kept whole
1 onion, sliced lengthways
1 chat potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 jar of preserved artichokes, strained and halved
1 tin of fava beans, liquid reserved
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 85°C on the Full Steam function.
- On a cooktop, heat an ovenproof pan over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Melt the butter and gently sauté the chicken in batches without browning.
- Drain the chicken on kitchen paper then sauté the garlic and onion for 5 minutes with the lid on, until soft.
- Add the sealed chicken, potato, artichokes and fava beans with the reserved liquid and half of the lemon zest. Bring to a simmer on the stovetop.
- Replace the lid and steam in the oven for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken pieces, fava beans and artichokes to a serving dish.
- Pour the cooking liquid with the garlic cloves and potatoes into a jug and liquidise with a stick blender to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetables and sprinkle the remainder of the fresh lemon zest over the dish.