1 side ‘Petuna’ ocean trout
1 tsp black peppercorns
½ tsp juniper berries
20g Murray river salt
10g raw sugar
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 head of chickory and one head of witlof
salt and pepper
extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the AEG ProCombiPlus™ Steam Oven to 50°C on the Sous Vide function
- Skin and pin bone the ocean trout then cut in half on the width.
- Coarsely grind the peppercorns and juniper berries in a mortar and pestle then add to the salt and sugar and coat the fish evenly on both sides with the rub.
- Place each piece of fish into a separate sous vide bag and divide the olive oil between the bags.
- Using the AEG PrecisionVac™ SousVide Vacuum Sealer Drawer, individually seal each bag on Full Pressure.
- Place each sous vide bag into the oven and steam on the Sous Vide function for 25 minutes (thick end) and 23 minutes (tail end).
- Serve immediately or chill in iced water overnight.
- Break up the chickory and witlof leaves, place a few leaves on each plate then season and drizzle with the olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice.
- Carefully tear up the trout into large pieces and serve