- 1 medium celeriac
- 500g cooked Australian crab meat
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 long green chilli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Remove the leaves and roots of the celeriac.
- Wash well and peel.
- Slice into 1mm thick slices on a Japanese slicer [wrap in cling film & refrigerate until required].
- Wash the coriander in several changes of water.
- Pick the leaves and chop roughly.
- Remove the seeds from the chilli & chop finely.
- Drain the crab meat in a fine strainer.
- Mix the crab with the mayonnaise, chilli, coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve:
- Heat a heavy based pan on high heat.
- Cook the slices of celeriac [3 at a time] until steam rises and they brown a little [around 1 minute].
- Turnover and repeat for the other side.
- Cook the remainder in batches, keeping warm in oven around 60c, between the folds of clean napkin.
- Allow your guests to help themselves to a dessert spoon of crab per taco.