- 225g white chocolate
- 240g cream
- 180g Greek yoghurt
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, cleaned
- 1.3kg caster sugar
- 1.75L water
- 8g citric acid
- 200g food grade hydrated lime powder
- 2.5L water
- 20g frozen dried passionfruit powder
Note: Start a day in advance.
- Finely chop the white chocolate.
- Place in a heat proof bowl with 120ml cream.
- Melt on low heat on induction.
- Cool slightly.
- Whisk in yoghurt until fully incorporated.
- Pass the ganache through a fine strainer.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or until set.
- Whisk the remaining cream and gently fold through the mousse.
- Refrigerate until required.
- Carefully mix the lime powder with 2.5L water.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into even triangular pieces.
- Add the pumpkins in the lime water and soak for 24 hours turning twice during this time.
- Wash the pumpkins thoroughly under running water.
- Bring sugar and 1.75L of water to the boil.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place pumpkins in saucepan and cover with the sugar syrup. Ensure pumpkins are completely covered.
- Cook for 2 ½ hours on low temperature (85-90°C). Use the AEG SteamPro Oven, which provides exact temperature control.
- Remove pumpkins from syrup every 30 minutes and allow to drain for 2 minutes, then return to the syrup.
- Once pumpkin is ready, add in citric acid and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Store pumpkin and syrup in the refrigerator.
Place a piece of pumpkin and a little syrup in each bowl. Add a tablespoon of the white chocolate mousse then use a small, fine strainer to dust the mousse liberally with the passionfruit powder.