- 500g prawns 8/12, with heads removed
- 400ml fish or chicken stock
- 400ml vegetable stock
- ½ tsp of black peppercorns
- 500g mushrooms
- 4 kaffir lemon leaves
- 2 sticks of fresh lemongrass
- 1 piece (5cm) of fresh galangal, alternatively fresh ginger
- 4 Thai chilli peppers
- 4 limes
- 4 tbsp nam pla Thai fish sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- Peel and devein prawns, but don't remove the tail. Cut the chilli peppers in fine rings and grind them with salt and peppercorns in a mortar and pestle, until they form a paste.
- Pull the coriander leaves from the stem, clean the mushrooms and divide into quarters. Cut the lemongrass into 6cm long pieces. Juice the limes. Peel the galangal and cut into fine cubes. Vacuum seal all the ingredients together in a SousVide bag.
- Place the bag on shelf level 3 on the ‘SousVide’ program and cook at 90°C for 30 minutes
Take out the kaffir leaves and the lemongrass.
The spicy/sour combination of lime and chilli is a truly exotic one – for the more unusual ingredients, try an Asian grocery shop.