- 2.5kg coarse sea salt
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 50g plain flour
- 4 x 500g sea bass or red mullet, gutted
- 1 lime or lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Mix the sea salt, egg whites and flour together well. Fill the belly of the fish with parsley sprigs and lime or lemon slices.
- Stick the core temperature sensor in the neck of the fish. Cover the fish completely with the salt mixture and place on shelf level 2. Connect the core temperature sensor with the oven and set to 66°C.
- Set to Steam setting 1 at 210°C and cook until the core temperature is reached, then remove from oven and let the fish rest for 10 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin or other hard implement, carefully crack the now hard salt crust and lift off.
To serve the fish easily, using the tines of a fork or a pair of tweezers, lift off the skin from the gills to the tail. With a spoon, lift the top fillets from the fish, then lift out the backbone and scoop off the remaining fillets.