- 500g large prawns
- 1 tbsp dry chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g mixed salad leaves
- 1 bunch of radishes cut into thin slices
- 2 avocados
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- 3 tbsp chopped basil and parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- A pinch of salt A pinch of black pepper
- Place the salad leaves and the radishes in a bowl of cold water to keep them crisp.
- Add the oil to a large pan and gently fry the garlic and chilli until soft but not brown.
- Add the prawns and toss well until covered in the garlic and chilli mixture. Fry for 5 minutes, then put aside.
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices.
- Rinse and drain the salad leaves and radishes.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the avocados, remove the stones and cut into crescents.
- Mix the salad leaves and radish with the fresh herbs and zucchini then toss with the prepared dressing.
Serve in a large salad plate or bowl and top with avocado and the prawns.
The finely sliced radishes elevate the flavour of the crisp salad, while the creamy avocado supports the succulence of the fried shrimp.