- 400g French beans
- 100g bean sprouts
- 1 tin (250g) bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 2cm ginger root, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin (Japanese cooking wine) or sherry
- ½ tsp wasabi
- 3 tsp sugar
- Clean and trim the French beans.
- Combine the beans, bean sprouts and bamboo shoots in the AEG perforated steam oven tray (supplied with selected models only). Stir in 1 tablespoon roasted sesame seeds, together with the ginger, soy sauce, mirin, wasabi and sugar, and pour over vegetables.
- Steam vegetables on shelf level 3 on Steam setting at 99°C for 25 minutes.
- Mix the vegetables together and add salt to taste before serving.
Garnish with green onions, red chilli and the remaining roasted sesame seeds.
The Far Eastern charm of this dish comes largely from the absence of fats and carbohydrates. A few slices of pickled raw sushi ginger gives this dish the perfect finishing touch.