- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 bunch chives
- 1 lemon
- 1 red pepper
- 80g chorizo
- 4 chicken drumsticks, on the bone
- Salt & pepper
- 400g fresh prawns, unshelled
- 400g fresh mussels
- 500g rice (see Chef's Secret)
- 900ml chicken stock
- 2 pinches saffron
- 200g green peas
- Chop the spring onions and chives finely. Divide the lemon into quarters. Clean the red pepper, remove the seeds and cut into small cubes. Cut the chorizo into 1cm thick slices, salt the chicken drumsticks and season the prawns with salt and pepper.
- Fry the chorizo, prawns, mussels and chicken drumsticks briefly in a roasting pan. Remove and set aside.
- Place the rice, chicken stock, saffron and salt in the roasting pan and stir together; then add the fried mussels, chicken and chorizo.
- Cook the paella on shelf level 2 on Steam setting 3 at 99°C for 20 minutes. Once done, take the roaster out of the oven and mix in the pepper, onions and peas.
- Arrange the prawns on top. Steam paella again on shelf level 2 on Steam setting 3 at 99°C for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle with chives, garnish with lemon quarters and serve from the roasting pan.
In Spain a special type of rice is used for this national dish: harder and short-grained, it’s similar to the Italian risotto rice Arborio, Vialone and Carnaroli. If you don’t have paella rice, use one of these and increase cooking time by approximately 15 minutes.