1.5kg pork belly
2 tablespoons of salt
Lime wedges to serve
300ml of fish sauce
300ml of rice wine vinegar
100g of palm sugar
3 birds eye chillis, deseeded and fnely sliced
6 cloves of garlic, minced
100ml of lime juice
3 green mangos peeled, and cut into thin strips
2 carrots, cut into batons
2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into batons
1 small daikon, cut into batons
250g bean shoots
¼ wombok (chinese cabbage), finely sliced
2 sticks lemongrass, sliced as fnely as possible
1 bunch Thai basil, torn
1 bunch mint, torn
2 shallots, peeled and finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on the Quarter Steam + Heat function.
- Score the skin of the pork belly and season with salt.
- Place on an oven tray and cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing for the slaw by bringing the fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and palm sugar to a simmer on a cooktop then set aside to cool.
- When cool, add the chilli, garlic and lime juice and mix thoroughly.
- Add the dressing to the mango, carrot, cucumber and daikon and let stand for 5 minutes before mixing in the rest of the slaw ingredients.
- Carve the pork and serve with the coleslaw and fresh lime wedges.