½ cup of red quinoa
½ cup of white quinoa
1 head of broccoli, fnely chopped
¼ head of cauliﬂower, fnely chopped
3 large Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of salt
2 ears of corn, peeled
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
1 handful of herbs of your choice, chopped (we’ve used mint, coriander, parsley and dill).
1 avocado, thinly sliced and dressed with the juice from ¼ of the lemon
1 portion of the chimmichurri dressing
1 lemon or lime for serving
- Cook the quinoa to the specifcations from the steam tables on pages 6-9 using the Full Steam function. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Adjust the oven settings to the Quarter Steam + Heat function at 200°C.
- Mix the broccoli, cauliﬂower, mushrooms and zucchini in a bowl with the olive oil and salt. Line the steam oven tray with baking paper and top evenly with the vegetable mixture.
- When the oven has reached the set temperature, add the corn to the oven and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When the timer sounds, add the tray of vegetables and reset the timer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- Strip the kernels from the corn ears using a sharp knife, then combine the vegetables with the quinoa, fresh ingredients and dressing.
- Serve on a platter or individually with fresh lemon or lime wedges.