180g butter, softened
1½ cups fresh ricotta
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped to release the seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups cake flour
2½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 175°C on the Quarter Steam + Heat function.
- Cream the butter in an electric mixer with a paddle attachment, add the ricotta and sugar and continue creaming for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time followed by the vanilla paste and extract.
- Sift in the cake flour, baking powder and salt and incorporate until well combined.
- Spray a loaf cake tin with oil and dust with flour. Pour the cake mix into the tin and bake in the oven for sixty minutes, turning the temperature down to 160°C after 30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when a wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire cake tray.
- Serve warm with ricotta and honey, maple syrup or butter.