1 whole duck
1 cup of barley, cooked
¼ wombok (Chinese cabbage), sliced
½ bunch kale of your choice (i.e. Tuscan, Curly, Russian), sliced finely
1 apple, peeled, cored and cut into batons
1 small beetroot, thinly sliced
1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
1 bunch of mint, roughly chopped
1 bunch of radishes, sliced
3 oranges, cut into thin wedges
½ cup of toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 70°C on the Full Steam function.
- Season the duck skin liberally with salt and place in the oven on the perforated steam tray, with another tray below to catch the fat.
- Steam the duck for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and place in the fridge to cool.
- When the duck is cool, dry any residual moisture from the skin and season again with salt.
- Set the oven to the Turbo Grilling function and set the temperature to 210°C.
- Return the duck to the oven and roast for 30 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Set aside at room temperature to rest.
- Combine the components for the salad. Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and toss through the salad.
- Carve the duck breast into slices, cut the leg in half at the joint and serve with the coleslaw.
The duck can be substituted for chicken if desired. Cook the chicken at
190°C for 50 minutes for the second time through the oven