2 bunches of Dutch carrots
cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
600g grass-fed, whole eye fillet
5 tablespoons of seeded mustard
1 tablespoon of butter
1 shallot, finely chopped
300ml of thickened cream
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200°C on the Quarter Steam + Heat function.
- Place carrots on the bottom of a deep dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Scatter the garlic cloves (unpeeled) on top of the carrots and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place into the oven to cook while sealing the beef
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a large non-stickpan on a high heat and seal the beef on all sides.
- Sprinkle the beef with salt and pepper then lightly spread half of the mustard on the beef. Insert the temperature probe into the beef, set to the desired temperature (see temperature chart) and place in the oven.
- Add the butter and shallot to the pan used to sealed the beef and cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until the shallots soften.
- Add the remaining mustard and stir until incorporated.
- Gradually stir in the cream and bring to a simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow the beef to rest for approximately 10 minutes before serving.
- Slice the beef into 1.5cm slices and serve with the carrots and the mustard sauce.