1 cup of basmati rice
½ brown onion, finely sliced against the grain
2 cloves of garlic, halved and thinly sliced\
⅓ cup of olive oil
½ cup of white wine
2 cups of stock, chicken or vegetable
black pepper, ground
pinch of salt
5 large globe artichokes, peeled down to the choke and halved
¼ cup of baby green olives or large green olives, seeded and chopped
300g of fresh broad beans, popped and peeled
½ bunch of asparagus
1 small zucchini cut into thick slices
4 salmon fllets, around 450-500g each
fresh herbs, fnely chopped
salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 96°C on the Full Steam function. In a small ovenproof pan with a lid, prepare the rice to the instructions in the steam table on pages 6-9.
- Add all the ingredients from the onion to the olives to another ovenproof pan with a lid and bring to the boil on a cooktop.
- Place into the preheated oven with the prepared rice and set the timer for 23 mins.
- When the timer sounds, add the beans, asparagus and zucchini to the other vegetables, replace the lid and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and rice until ready to serve.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 75°C. When the set temperature is reached, place the salmon on the perforated steam tray and steam for 15 minutes. Refer to the steam tables on pages 6-9 if you are using an alternative fsh.
- Mix the rice with some chopped fresh herbs of your choice and top with the Provençal vegetables, then season with salt and pepper. Top with the salmon fllets and serve immediately.