675g of grated carrot
30ml of chicken stock
3 shallots, diced
150g mushrooms, fnely chopped
60g gruyere, grated
3 egg yolks
10g herb of choice, chopped (we’ve used chervil)
- Add the grated carrot and stock to a pan on a cooktop, cover with a lid and sweat on a low temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and shallots and continue sweating down the mixture, uncovered, for a further 20 minutes or until the mix is dry and cooked. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the carrot and mushroom mixture with the gruyere, egg yolks and herbs and mix thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven on the Full Steam function.
- Lightly spray a loaf tin with oil, line with baking paper and fll with the mix, spreading out evenly, ensuring there are no air bubbles. Cover with foil, wrap tightly with cling flm and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm as a starter with a well dressed salad or as a delicious accompaniment to any