- 500g scallops, shells and roe removed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon oil or fruity olive oil
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- Sea salt
- Grind the fennel seeds finely with a pestle and mortar. Wash the lemon and grate the zest.
- Mix the seeds and zest with the oil and vacuum seal this together with the scallops in a SousVide bag. Ensure that the scallops lie flat beside one another in an even layer.
- Place the bag on shelf level 3 on the ‘SousVide’ program and cook at 60°C for 10 minutes.
Juice the lemon and sprinkle the cooked scallops with this and a little sea salt.
Serve these luscious scallops with something crunchy for contrast. Try toasted baguette, or a salad of crisp young leaves with lime juice, olive oil and a spoonful of the cooking liquid.