1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of paella rice
1 pinch of saffron
1 red pepper, roughly chopped
2 cups of fsh stock
200g of green prawns, peeled and deveined
200g of fresh scallops
3 tomatoes, cut into quarters and cored
- Preheat the oven to 110°C on the Half Steam + Heat function.
- In a wide-bottomed, oven proof pan, sauté the garlic and onion in the olive oil for fve minutes.
- Add the rice and sauté for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron, red pepper and stock and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and place in the oven for half an hour.
- Add the scallops and prawns to the paella pan, replace the lid and cook in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the chopped tomato petals into the paella and serve.