Black pepper, ground
2 teaspoons of sugar
½ teaspoon of ginger, finely grated
4 teaspoons of oyster sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons of lime zest
¼ teaspoon of wasabi
½ teaspoon of sesame oil
2 teaspoons of lime juice
- Mix the pepper, sugar, ginger, oyster sauce, garlic, lime zest and wasabi in a bowl. Pour half of the mixture over the scallops and gently toss. Reserve the rest of the liquid for dressing. Cover the scallops and place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Do not add the lime juice as the acid will start to cook the scallops.
- Preheat the oven to 65°C on the Full Steam function.
- Place the scallops on a baking tray. Add the lime juice to the marinade and dressing. Pour a teaspoon of the marinade onto each scallop. Steam at 65°C for 4 minutes.
- Arrange four scallops on a plate with cos salad in the centre, drizzle with the dressing, fresh lime wedges, chopped chives and coriander leaves.
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- ¼ bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 3 sprigs coriander, leaves picked and washed
- Baby cos hearts, leaves separated and washed, drained and chilled.
For an easy appetiser, serve the scallops separately on a lettuce leaf.