500 ml pouring cream
finely grated black truffle, to taste or budget
flaky sea salt, to taste
8 truffle infused eggs
300 g (2 cups) plain flour
120 g coarse fresh bread crumbs
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- For pasta dough, place flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add eggs and 1-2 tbsp. iced water and using a fork whisk to combine, then stir until mixture just comes together. Remove dough and knead until smooth. Wrap in plastic wrap until required.
- Divide pasta into 4, then using a pasta machine with rollers at widest setting, working with one piece at a time, feed dough through the rollers. Fold dough in half lengthways, then feed through rollers again, continuing until smooth, then reducing settings for each time, roll pasta until translucent and 1mm-thick. Dust pasta sheets with a little flour or semolina and roll then using a sharp knife cut into 2-3mm wide strips.
- For pangrattato, preheat oven to 180C. In a large bowl combine ingredients and spread over an oven tray. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 10 minutes.
- Place cream in the bowl of an electric mixer and whisk on high heat until it forms butter, strain through a colander and using hands squeeze out buttermilk under cold running water. Place butter into a bowl and mash through truffle and salt to taste. Cover and set aside until required.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over high heat, add tajarin pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes or until al dente. Meanwhile heat butter in a large frying pan, add pasta and toss to combine. Serve pasta immediately topped with a truffled egg yolk and top with a sprinkle of pangrattato.