- 1.5kg quality cooked tiger prawns [medium-large]
- 200ml grape seed oil
- 120ml full cream soy milk (vita soy)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2tsp Murray River salt
- 1/2tsp cayenne pepper
- Remove the heads and peel the prawns leaving only the tail attached.
- Reserve the heads and shells – do not discard.
- Twist the centre of the tail section and pull away to remove the intestinal tract and discard.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over a moderate heat.
- Add the shells and cook until the oil is pink and perfumed.
- Strain through a coffee filter and discard the shells.
- Allow the oil to cool to room temperature.
- Place the oil and remaining ingredients in a small measuring jug and blend with a hand blender.
- Adjust seasoning as required.
- Arrange the prawns in a pleasing fashion on a serving platter with a bowl of the mayonnaise.