- 3 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 250g butter, plus extra for greasing, softened
- 350g sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 750g cottage cheese
- 150g semolina
- 75ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
- Grease a 23cm springform tin with butter and scatter the breadcrumbs evenly over the base.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the egg yolks and vanilla extract, then the cottage cheese, semolina and milk.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, then fold into the egg yolk mixture. Pour into the springform tin.
- Bake the cheesecake on shelf level 2 on the ‘Top/ Bottom Heat’ program at 180°C for 75 minutes, or until cooked but still wobbly in the centre. Remove from oven and leave to cool completely in tin before serving.
Serve accompanied by cream and decorated with peaches, nectarines, strawberries or other stone fruit or summer berries.
This cake doesn’t need a base as the semolina provides the necessary support – making preparation easy and fail-safe.