- 250g bulgur wheat
- 200ml water
- 300ml fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp Ras el Hanout
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, reserving any fennel fronds
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- ½ tsp fennel seeds, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp fruity olive oil
- 100g feta cheese, broken into small cubes
- 2 dates, de-stoned and cut into thin strips
- Salt & pepper
- Mix the bulgur wheat with the water, orange juice, Ras el Hanout and 1 teaspoon of salt in an oven proof dish.
- Place the dish on shelf level 3, set on Steam setting 3 at 99°C and cook for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, chop the fennel fronds finely.
- Once the bulgur wheat has cooked, remove from oven and toss lightly with a fork to fluff up, mix with the sliced fennel, grapefruit segments, fennel seeds and olive oil.
- Gently stir the feta and dates through the warm bulgur wheat, check for seasoning (you probably won’t need any more salt because the feta is salty) and adjust to taste.
Sprinkle with the chopped fennel fronds.
This bulgur salad is nutritious and tastes good hot or cold.