In this lamb shanks recipe, the combination of AEG SensePro and SousVide technologies allow you to cook a traditional recipe in a smaller amount of time then needed in the past, without sacrificing the flavor.
When it comes to the potato and nori accompaniment – with the precise seasoning and accurate cooking in the contained sous vide environment you are able to create textures and flavours that are not achievable through traditional means.
When using a sous vide method to cook lamb shanks, this gives you the ability to prepare ahead, store and reheat at your pleasure.
1. Place the lamb shanks into a large sous vide bag.
2. Add the vegetables, stock, passata and remainder of the seasoning.
3. Refrigerate until cold.
4. Seal on high pressure in the AEG PrecisionVac Drawer.
5. Half fill a 5-litre pot with water and bring to 85 degrees using the AEG SensePro induction hob and SensePro food sensor.
6. Add the lamb shanks and cook for 4 hours.
1. Peel potatoes, wash and cut in half.
2. Add to a sous vide bag with the salt, pepper and butter.
3. Shred the nori and add the sous vide bag.
4. Seal on high pressure in the AEG PrecisionVac SousVide Vacuum Sealer Drawer.
5. Cook in the AEG SteamPro Oven set to 85 degrees on full steam for 2 hours.
1. Snip the sous vide bag and place a lamb shank on four deep dish plates.
2. Spoon over the sauce and serve with potatoes.